Personal Development Service
independent ENDEAVOURS is a free service for those aged 16-65 with a significant barrier to accessing employment or engaging with the community.
independent ENDEAVOURS offers group workshops and outdoor programs to enhance your life skills. Weekly workshops address coping strategies, increased independence, or practical skills for entering the workforce. All programs are recovery and strengths-based, with a focus on personal growth. You may want to participate on more than one program simultaneously.
For those considering employment, the programs also provide an opportunity to showcase your personal strengths, reliability, punctuality and teamwork. References can be provided and you may also be eligible for one-on-one assistance with job search and in-job support through our EmploymentWorks! service.
How Our Service Works
- An enrolment form completed by you or a support person
- Initially we meet to see which program(s) would best match your needs
- All sessions are recovery strengths focused and encourage independence.
|Toolbox 4 Work|
Please feel free to contact Jude Derksen if you would like further information before applying - 8 Hickory Ave, Henderson, PO Box 21-865, Henderson 0650, Ph 09 837 5240, Fax 09 836 6341, text 021 809 878, or email jderksen "at" walsh.org.nz
- We need an enrolment form completed by you or a support person on your behalf (GP, social worker or Work & Income case manager, other health professional, etc.) emailed, faxed, mailed or dropped off.
- Once we receive your form, we will set up a meeting with you to discuss which program(s) best suit your goals and aspirations.