Walking Alongside You In Your Recovery Journey
Mobile Community Support assists people in West Auckland who live in the community with an experience of mental unwellness.
Our staff work with a person’s strengths, resources and natural supports to create their choice of where they would like to live, learn and work.
See our Application Form if you are interested in accessing this service.
Our service supports those aged between 18 and 65, and is free to all New Zealand residents.
How We Support You
Mobile Community Support walks alongside you in your journey of recovery and supports you to live the best life possible. We provide a balance between assessing what is happening for you, by listening and using strengths-based tools, and supporting you practically to achieve your goals.
The local community provides an oasis of resources and agencies that our staff access through our well-established networks. This allows the people we work with to choose the best local social and interest groups, budgeting and legal advice, counselling, education, training and health services.
Some of the things people have used our service for:
- finding and moving into different accommodation
- getting support for budgeting and managing money
- looking at healthier eating and exercise
- assistance when dealing with Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ)
- accessing advocacy services
- support with re-building or addressing family relationships
- increasing social and leisure activities – becoming more active in your local community
- getting a job or exploring training and further education
- getting around and using public transport
- finding out what’s available in your community, such as the library, swimming pool, local parks, and events.
Recent Service Highlights
Mental Health Awareness Week 2010
We ran a creative competition and exhibition with a large number of entries, followed by a celebratory lunch.
WALSHtrust Talent Idol 2010
Many people enjoyed our talent competition and karaoke afternoon.
Project Twin Streams 2010-2011
Once a month we participate inthe project, which involves replanting in different parts of Henderson.
WALSHtrust Push Play Mini Sports Day 2010
Staff and people we support competed in team events, followed by a barbeque lunch.
For more information
Contact us on 09 837 5240, and ask for one of the Mobile Community Team leaders, or email admin "at" walsh.org.nz