A Leader in Community Based Mental Health Services
West Auckland Living Skills Home Trust (WALSHtrust) is a non-government organisation located in Henderson, West Auckland.
We are an independent charitable trust, with funding coming from contracts with the Ministries of Health and Social Development and the Department of Work & Income, and charitable donations from organisations and individuals.
WALSHtrust Support Services:
- Residential Housing & Recovery - seven houses across west and central Auckland with 39 clients receiving 24 hour support.
- Mobile Community Support - to 155 people living in Waitakere in their own homes.
- EmploymentWorks! - supported employment service placing and maintaining 100 people per year in open employment.
- independent ENDEAVOURS - psycho-education service designed to address barriers to participation in the community, for 75 people.
- Peer Support Service - a team of people who live with their own experience of mental health issues, connecting with others who live with similar experiences.
- Older Persons Service - residential care for older adults with 24 hour care and five beds with the option of a sixth, to be used for respite.
- Maternal Mental Health - providing community and respite approaches to mothers and their babies.
WALSH Trust is committed to ensuring the wellbeing and safety of children and young people as per our Child Protection Policy.
Regular audits from the various funding agencies have commented favourably upon the organisation's progress and development.
Award Winning Service
WALSHtrust is an award-winning organisation. We have been a leader in the provision of community based mental health support services in West Auckland since 1988.
It is a uniquely homegrown service, and we are proud of its community based origins. From a small beginning with one house in Te Atatu South for 12 clients, we now employ 85 staff, have 350 clients enrolled and an annual turnover of $4.5 million.
A word about some of the images on this website: the paintings, like the tui above, are taken from a series of hand-paintings in a combined mural about Project Twin Streams that we have on display at our office in Henderson; the paintings depict the natural beauty of West Auckland.